Phases and Performers of The Program
PHASES AND PERFORMERS OF THE PROGRAM
The PCS strategy is based on the active participation of all the people interested in a safe urban development: the organized population, the Local Governments, Regional Governments, Sectors, universities, professional associations and institutions related to the sustainable urban development. In the formulation of the studies were incorporated into the Universities and local professionals, with the objective that the knowledge and expertise are transferred to the area and the municipal control will be strengthened during the implementation of the Program.
One of the most important components of PCS is made up of the participative processes, carried out during the execution of Studies that incorporate the participation of base social organizations, Civil Defense Committees, Professional Associations, Conclusion Bureau for to Fight Poverty, representatives of public and private institutions, officials, municipal authorities and regional in Validation Diagnosis Workshops and the Proposals and technical meetings exchanging opinions and views on the concept of risk of the population of the area and the development prospects considering the disaster risk management as a fundamental criterion.
PCS focuses the problem in a comprehensive way until reaching Approved Municipal that all respect and are will comply; including the actions of municipal control. According to the Program Objectives and Strategies proposed for achieving tangible results, the following steps are followed:
- Prioritization of the Regional Government, which recommends which cities, could be added to PCS in response to their risk situation, population size, history of disasters or emergencies background and economic role in the region.
- Major Request to the Head of INDECI, who in his capacity as the Civil Defense Committee President, appoints the firm commitment of the local authorities to actively participate in the execution and implementation of the program.
- Formulation of the Studies Hazard Map, Soil Uses Plan in case of Disaster and Mitigation measures, which are municipal management, tools to manage disaster risks. These are focused of proposals that establish technical guidelines for the rational land use from the standpoint of the physical security of the city. It´s oriented the urban expansion is oriented on the sectors with the highest physical safety conditions, avoiding the occupation of high hazard areas to reduce the negative impact of future severe or extreme events, and natural and agricultural areas, to avoid its destruction, with negative effects on the environment. Studies are given to the municipal and regional authorities in a public ceremony.
- Approval process through public diffusion and citizen consultation of the studies of Hazard Map and Land Use Plan and Disaster Mitigation Measures. The project is diffused among the community, local and municipal authorities, and then is approved through Municipal Ordinance. The Local governments are responsible for the implementation of the studies.
The Sustainable Cities Program develops training actions, diffusion and monitoring to the adoption and implementation of the PCS studies through Training and Dissemination workshops and, preparation of posters and brochures,Survey application to Local Government, Work Meetings and exchange of experiences with local authorities. For comply with this they have the support of the Regional Directions of INDECI and the PNUD Regional Offices.PHASES OF THE PROGRAM
- Prioritization of the Regional Government and Major Request
- Incorporation to the Institutional Budget
- Major Agreement - INDECI
- Preparation T.R. and public announcement Technical Equipment
- Studies Formulation
- Queries and Citizen approval
- Major Approval Ordinance
- Monitoring to the implementation
- Regional and Local Government
- Civil Defense Committees
- Private Institutions / Local Consultants
- Sectors / sectoral Programs
- COFOPRI - BUILDING PERU Project
- Social base Organizations (Leaders and socials leaders, Glass of milk committee, Popular dining rooms, Guidelines of Neighbors Boards of Human)